Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Aanmai Thavarel - Movie Review

I am back after almost a year. The last year has been filled with many interesting events and had kept me occupied all along. Blogging was something that I had almost given up until now. I wanted to bring to your notice this Thamizh movie Aanmai Thavarel and so here I am.
This movie was released in June, 2011 but I had the opportunity to see this movie only now and I am thoroughly impressed with the movie. This movie has a strong theme and even though there are many unknown faces the movie is extremely well made. Technically the movie is great with wonderful photography, nice locations. But more than that it is the theme, the acting and most of all the direction. The movie is about human trafficking and it is so well made that it sends a shudder down our spine and really makes us aware of what could go wrong if we dont live with caution. The distraught that the girls face has been wonderfully captured. The helplessness, pain of the protagonist is very well captured. The heartless villains are also great. This is by far one of the best movies in recent times that I have seen.
I would never request anyone to see a movie but would only recommend but this is one movie that you should definitely watch and I request you to do so. After watching this movie, I felt as to if there is any sense of humanity left in this world is lost. I am most disappointed that such a nice well made movie did not gross well at the box office and I hope that atleast the movie gets the attention that it deserves.
Children, especially girls please listen to your parents and grandparent in terms of not going alone in the night.

No comments: